Sunday 13 September 2009

Out-there Indie Chick Takes Over as NME Editor

I don't read the NME often. I bought a couple of issues back when I was about 14 or so, and desperate to look like I knew something about the up and coming bands, but since then it seems like Muse and Pete Doherty are always on there. Either that or another group of drainpipe jean wasters with more fringe than Cousin It. Some have even denounced the magazine as being an indie version of Heat magazine, though that's all about to change with a brand spanking new editor. And it's a girl. A hot one at that too- take a butchers...

Yup, it's not just any girl, it's an indie chick, Krissi Murison. I don't like to judge a person by their appearance (particularly as this photo sort of plays into the indie chick classic pose of "woah, the line up that night was immense!") but I swear she's just an amalgamation of pretty much every indie chick there ever was, annoying black fringe and popularity included. Ugh.

Then again I'm probably just a typical resentful nerd. She actually comes across as a well qualified person and a very likeable one at thay, or at least that's the impression she gives during interviews. I suppose it's just like with most indie/music related things; you always feel left out of the club if you can't keep up.

I might buy it for a while, see if it teaches me a thing or two about this whippersnapper music. Meanwhile, I'm off back to the new Prefab Sprout album, as recorded in 1993. Now THAT'S really obscure stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment